Multiple Injured After Stabbing and Large Fight at Narragansett Beach
A large police response descended on Narragansett Beach Tuesday afternoon following reports of a stabbing and large fight that left multiple people injured.
According to preliminary reports, several law enforcement agencies and emergency medical crews were called to the beach area after chaos erupted during what witnesses described as a large altercation involving multiple individuals.
Authorities said at least five people were transported to local hospitals for treatment following the incident. The extent of their injuries has not yet been officially confirmed.
Witnesses at the scene reported seeing a heavy police presence as officers worked to secure the crowded beach area and separate those involved in the disturbance.
Some beachgoers described panic and confusion unfolding as emergency responders rushed into the area shortly after the fight began.
“It all happened very fast,” one witness said. “People started yelling and running when police and ambulances arrived.”
Officials have not yet confirmed how many people may have been involved in the altercation or whether all of the victims suffered stab wounds.
As of Tuesday evening, no arrests had been officially announced.

Investigators remained at the scene gathering evidence and speaking with witnesses as the investigation continued.
Authorities urged members of the public to avoid spreading unverified information while detectives work to determine exactly what led to the violence.
The incident has shaken visitors and residents in the normally busy Rhode Island beach community as many awaited further updates from police.
Additional details are expected to be released as the investigation develops.